FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Advice on High-Output DVD Duplicator

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Stroming
Need Advice on High-Output DVD Duplicator
on Oct 8, 2009 at 6:54:20 pm

Hey Guys,

I am in need of a DVD-R duplicator, and am currently looking at the Systor SYDP1800, but mostly because I can't really find anything else in that range of DVD-R duplicators.

I currently own a Discmakers Elite unit, which is working fine, however it can only produce 200 DVDs a day. I need an output of at least 1,000 DVD-R's a day. I don't really need a printer included for printing directly on the discs, although I'm open to suggestions. Currently I print onto DVD labels using a standard laserjet printer, which works fine for me. I hate the printer on the Discmakers Elite unit, as it never works properly for me.

Also, the new unit must be automated. My production team would kill me if I made them manually load and unload drives all day HAHA.

If you have any recommendations of products in this range, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Need Advice on High-Output DVD Duplicator
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:04:31 pm

Hi Jeff,

There are actually a lot of options in the space of what you are looking for. If you only want a auto-duplicator and maximum bandwidth is your need, something like this (http://www.mediatechnics.com/pages/fusion6dvd.htm) would be a good option to consider. There are a number of brands that make systems like this, both with and without printers. DiscMakers has their Forte series, and I think MF Digital makes a unit like this.

If you are doing that many discs, I would HIGHLY recommend using a direct-to-disc printer instead of press-on labels. Even if you don't want to spend the money on thermal or dye sub, you can get a good quality inkjet for fairly inexpensively.

Also, on the duplicator.....if you are dependent on the bandwidth of lets say 8 drives with a disc load capacity of 600, I would consider splitting that into two machines. It will be a bit more hassle when you actually run the jobs, but it provides redundancy when the mechanics or software on the autoloader fail.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you still have any specific questions.

-Matt

http://www.mstproductions.com
(925) 380-1977

Return to posts index

Jeff Stroming
Re: Need Advice on High-Output DVD Duplicator
on Oct 9, 2009 at 6:53:05 pm

Hey Matt,

You bring about some very interesting points for me to consider. Thank you for your help, this should get me going in the right direction.

Regards,
Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]