FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer break not on cell boundary?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
banks farris
Layer break not on cell boundary?
on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:38:36 pm

So I am authoring masters for a handful of feature films and i keep getting a layer break not on cell boundary error from the people doing the mastering. I am using DVD studio pro and I had first chosen for the layer break to happen on a chapter marker but then they gave me the error so I tried to correct it by having DVD studio do it automatically and still they gave me this error.

does anyone know what the issue is? I am using DVD-9's and the movies range from 4.9gigs to 6 gigs.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Layer break not on cell boundary?
on Oct 3, 2009 at 5:18:10 am

What version of DVDSP are you using.

Are you checking the Seamless box? This should NEVER be checked.

Is the layer break on a start chapter marker of a video track?

Personally I take all my DVD-9 projects into DVDAfterEdit to set my layer break point and to make DLTs.

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Oct 3, 2009 at 11:34:58 pm

Another question: how are you delivering your project to the replication company? A dual-layer DVD won't give them an accurate layer break for their glass master. Please excuse me if you are already making a DDP or DLT for them; those are the only format which will give the replicator a good image.

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

banks farris
on Oct 6, 2009 at 5:24:26 pm

How do i burn two disc images in DVDSP, one for each layer?

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:19:11 pm

I don't do lots of dual-layer discs, but I'm pretty sure the process is in the manual. File/Advanced Burn/Format, and then at the bottom you say what you're outputting to. You can export to Hard Drive, which will produce the images for each layer of the DVD. Then you just burn one layer folder to each DVD-R.

Make sure you tell Toast to make a DVD-ROM in UDF format. UDF is critical.

Christopher Smith

CBN WorldReach

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]