FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Burning problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rajendra Pisavadia
DVD Burning problem
on Oct 2, 2009 at 2:15:47 pm

Why does my LaCie DVD+-RW spit out blank media?

The DVD burner was working fine excepting both + &- DVDs when I first installed it in 2006, up until now, when I kept the driver software up to date. It was first installed on Mac 10.3.2 and I now have 10.3.9, which on this system it was working ok. Then suddenly it stated spiting out my media!! message saying, 'Please install blank media' and I have been doing this with different blank medias.

It just wont do it... anyone had the same problem?, LaCie aske me to re-load the original driver, but nope, it wont accept it it says it needs 10.3.2 or 10.4... I dont want ot upgrade to 10.4 I am happy with my system.. Will appreciate your comments..

I've just downloaded LaCie DVD burning software for Mac, using DVD Studio Pro 3. for burning dual layer.. Ok thats fine up to know.. but when I click burn and out pops the dive , I insert a recoardable DVD -R DL as it usually does , .....then it spits it out! telling me to insert recoradable media DVD-R, and I have been doing this , but keeps spitting it out with the same message, it's frustrating.. any one can help??

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: DVD Burning problem
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:36:01 pm

Have you tried building an image file in DVDSP and using something like Toast or Disk Utility to burn it? Does the drive work properly doing it that way? What about if you just burn a disc from the finder? Try to isolate the problem as much as possible to see if it is hardware or software and then what piece of hardware or software is the exact problem.

http://www.mstproductions.com
(925) 380-1977

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]