FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reauthoring DVD content

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Smith
Reauthoring DVD content
on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:00:24 pm

I use Sony Vegas Platinum 9 and DVD Architect 4.5 on a PC, running XP-SP3

I have a client who has provided me with 3 DVDs.

They want me to extract the content and reauthor everything to one DVD. So far, so good, I can get Sony to extract the DVD content.

I put it back into DVDA and burn the DVD, send it to the client.

They are complaining that the audio is tracking off from the video. I watch the preview in DVDA and it looks fine, watch the DVD itself and sure enough, the audio is milliseconds behind the video.

So, I try to pull the MPG file into Vegas and save it as an AVI file. Now the audio is fine, but the video quality leaves something to be desired.

So, two questions.

1. What software produces the BEST (professional) looking DVD extractions?

2. Am I missing a step here in all this reauthoring?

I need a solution soon and I am at a loss as to why the audio would be off... or find a way to re-rip the MPG file into another format without it getting 'pixelated'

I know I am working with a compressed file and expanding it, etc etc, but there has to something I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Reauthoring DVD content
on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:35:03 pm

Are you extracting the m2v and ac3 files, or converting them to a QT or AVI type file? If you are not modifying the videos you should be exacting the m2v and ac3 (or PCM) audio. I use Cinematize, it is not free but I like it but a lot of people use mpeg steamclip.

Return to posts index

Marc Smith
on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:57:26 am

Sony extracts the files asa straight up MPG file.

I am going to try a couple of other DVD extraction tools and demuxing tools to try and find one that works best.

I need to get it done quick tho as they are not real happy right now.

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
on Sep 24, 2009 at 10:29:18 am

"Professional Re-Authoring" = DVDLogic ReAuthor + Sonic Scenarist.....please, don't tell me how it cost.... I use :-)

Now, if you need to sync your audio and video - try DVDDecryptor, mode IFO-> Demux
You'll get video m2v and audio files with information text file with audio delay.
After that you know 100% - split your ac3 or join XXms ac file

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 24, 2009 at 2:36:21 pm

Hi Marc,

My vote goes to MPEG Streamclip - this software is FREE and very versatile. The only catch is that you will either need to purchase the "MPEG-2" add-on for QuickTime, or use the free "QuickTime Replacement" that I use, to use Streamclip.

MPEG Streamclip will rip DVD content right back to .m2v and .ac3 files (or virtually any other combination of formats), what could be easier than having the original, unmolested source files for re-authoring?

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]