FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trimming video and audio assets

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Hobson
Trimming video and audio assets
on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:29:50 am

I have my compressed SD video track, and my ac3 audio track ready to create my DVD. The ac3 was created by the sound re-recording mixer and therefore it is a fixed file. It perfectly syncs with the length of my video -- however, they both start with the color bars and slate and countdown. How do I trim them both so that the DVD starts right at the start of the movie? I can't do it in FCP because the ac3 file doesn't open inside there.

Return to posts index

Jurgen doc.
Re: Trimming video and audio assets
on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:19:59 am

Hi Greg,
why don't you trim them both on the DVDSP timeline?

Jurgen

Return to posts index

Greg Hobson
on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:42:55 am

Is trimming on the DVDSP timeline accurate? By just dragging? Or is it only accurate plus or minus 12 frame GOPs? What does that do to the automatic Chapter 1 marker that is at the head of the timeline?

Return to posts index

Jurgen doc.
on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:46:25 pm

You are right, it's only accurate plus minus 12 frames, but since it is the beginning of the video it might work as well. Otherwise you might have to try to reconvert the ac3. I don't see any other solution.
The chapter marker can be erased (just select and delete) as you don't need most likely a marker at the head of the video. If you have more chapter markers these have to be reset.
Jurgen

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Sep 24, 2009 at 8:52:21 pm

It may only trim in 12 frame chunks but you can copy the video start time code numbers in the inspector and paste them on your audio track starting time code so ur in sync.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]