FORUMS: list search recent posts

CSS Encryption Error

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Johnson
CSS Encryption Error
on Sep 2, 2009 at 1:11:54 am

I'm using DVD Studio Pro to flag a master for CSS encryption for a replicator. I've checked all the appropriate boxes and when I format the DVD, I get a message in the log that says "This device does not support copyright magagement" and tells me the disc will not be encrypted. Do I need a special writer just to flag the DVD for encryption? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: CSS Encryption Error
on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:53:39 am

manual covers this

DVD-R does not support this flag, you can make a DDP image and burn that to a DVD with toast, it is always a good idea to ask the replicator how they like the files.

Return to posts index

Jeff Johnson
on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:26:46 am

Really? Well, I guess this begs the question, how do I create a DDP image? I searched the manual and came up empty. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:59:33 pm

Format
Destination> Output Device - Hard Drive > Output Format DDP2.00
This file is then burned onto a DVD-R, put on a HD or some other media.

Once again ask your replicator what they can use.

Return to posts index

Jeff Johnson
on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:22:15 pm

Thanks, I found it last night and thought I had solved my problem. Called my replicator this morning and he can't work with image files. The only thing he can take in is a fully formatted disc with encryption. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Time to find a different replicator I guess. Just to be clear, you're telling me there's no way to format an encrypted (or flagged) disc from Studio Pro? Only the DDP files?

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:10:10 pm

ONLY DDP files or DLT tape

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:42:53 pm

Most of the time you are dealing with a middle man that is simply a salesman, that does not work for the people doing the replication, they are normally a broker. So they are just reading off a sheet of paper that can be years old.

The issue with the flagged disc is not a DVDSP it is the media and standard burner that cannot accept the flag.

There is no way that a DVD-R (general disc) can get flagged for CCS or MacroVision. 99.9% of burners will only burn to general disc. There is/was a burner (about $3500, if they still make it, Pioneer 201) that used "authoring" media ($20/disc) that would accept these flags. This is what he is probably asking for. BUT hardly anyone uses these anymore. The alternative was to go to a DLT, but once again they are expensive but they are still being use especially for DVD-9s.

But if you out the DDP file to your hard drive the replicator should be able to do it. They should be able to take it on a disc, HD or flash drive, it is just a file, same as what would be on the DLT. So this is not a problem with DVDSP it is the person you are talking to. So yes find someplace else if they cannot help or if you must use them find someone that can make you a DLT (I can do that if you need it)

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:44:29 pm

All this said CCS is a waste of time, I normally talk my clients out of using it.

No trouble to by-pass, the only people that cannot figure it out are the same people that don't copy the disc in the first place.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:39:05 pm

Jeff,

Both Michael and Roman are right on. You should be able to give your replicator a DDP file on a hard drive (or DVD-rom, flash stick, etc) with the CSS flagged with no problem.

As they said, a DLT would also work, but not a DVD-R.

I can tale a DDP file for replication if you want to call or email me. I am in California and can turn replication jobs in 5-7 business days, if not faster.

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you wanted to stick with someone local, I know replicators across the country and would be happy to recommend someone.

Best of luck!
Matt

MST Productions
(925) 380-1977
http://www.mstproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jurgen doc.
on Sep 16, 2009 at 10:02:12 pm

Just check following:
http://www.pacificdisc.com/Article17.html
At least it works for DVD-9
Jurgen
http://www.caribemotion.com

Return to posts index

Noah Jensen
on Feb 24, 2012 at 1:23:55 am

I'm trying to make a master copy of a a single layer DVD-R and put css encryption on it. The link below explains a process to do that in Toast after formatting to a hard drive DDP 2.00 in DVDSP.

http://www.pacificdisc.com/Article17.html

My problem is that When I burn the DVD in toast it isn't a DVD that will play in a licensed DVD player. Is that Okay? Is that what the replication plant needs? I'd really appreciate it if someone could walk me through the entire process from DVDSP. I really don't have a clue how to go about doing this. Please help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]