FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD with HD Footage?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Khaikin
DVD with HD Footage?
on Aug 27, 2009 at 5:05:36 am

Perhaps Im over reacting, perhaps not. BUt I'm really confused whats going on here.

I have a edit in FCP that I'm exporting to Compressor (Best quality 90 Mins) then burning with Roxio 9 as DVD Video.

Here are the results I get:

-Old dvd player: Lost all the information on the edges of frame (magazine stand was gone from NYC subway platform edge shot). also played jumpy, color was TERRIBLE, everything looked orange.

-Computer: Played fine

-New dvd player: Wouldn't play the disk straight through? kept jumping from the beginning to chapter 2 then straight to chapter 3.

Conclusion: Oh sh!t

Any thoughts?

Should I just man up and go through DVD Studio Pro? Really do I have to for 15 min short film?

charleskmedia.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD with HD Footage?
on Aug 27, 2009 at 5:26:08 am

It takes less than 10 minutes to author a simple DVD in DVDSP, not sure what the issue would be that would make you think you have to "man up" to use it.

I have never used Toast to author a DVD, so no idea what is going on.

Search here and the DVDSP, there is a good tutorial on making simple DVDs in DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Charles Khaikin
Re: DVD with HD Footage?
on Aug 27, 2009 at 5:35:20 am

I sorta planned to go into DVDSP for final final export, but assumed Roxio could do it regardless. Haven't used DVDSP since its first or second version, everything is much more streamlined now.

Already burnt and will test tomorrow.

Done with Roxio for sure.

Thanks Michael , thanks CC forums.

charleskmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]