FORUMS: list search recent posts

pixelated text in DVD menu

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Dalrymple
pixelated text in DVD menu
on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:30:43 pm

hello all!

i am running into an issue in DVD Studio Pro 4.0 where after I have burned a DVD, the text in the menu comes off looking somewhat pixelated and fuzzy.

the font that i am using for the menu is ITC Franklin Gothic. i believe this font was imported into DVDSP, but i can't really be sure because every time I create a new DVD project, i reuse an old project and save as a different project in order to keep with the consistent look that we have here at work.

when i go to simulate, the project looks crystal clear. it isn't until after it is burned and watched on a DVD player that it comes off looking pixelated and fuzzy.

i hope i was thorough in my issue.

any help and/or suggestions?

thanks and good day!

julian

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: pixelated text in DVD menu
on Aug 25, 2009 at 9:29:51 pm

Are you typing this text in DVDSP? Is it also a highlight of a button? Is it still? Is it video?

Return to posts index

Julian Dalrymple
on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:09:59 pm

yes, i am typing this into DVDSP.
as well, it is a highlighted button.

would it be better if i simply created a menu in photoshop and imported it into DVDSP?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:12:11 pm

Definitely much better text anti-aliasing and quality if you create menus outside of DVDSP.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:26:31 pm

plus if you are changing the color with the highlight option is really goes south. I would only use text feature in DVDSP for disc that the menu doesn't matter, like dailies, video encode proofs. Anything that requires a nice menu is built in another app.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 1, 2009 at 11:09:01 am

Last but not least, there was a buggy version of DVD SP that rendered still menus as fields instead of frames.

Perhaps try an update.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]