FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Need DVD Burner Solution

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kahn
OT: Need DVD Burner Solution
on Aug 11, 2009 at 4:16:32 pm

Hello all,

I am looking for a solution for my companies DVD burning needs. Here's the deal:

We have purchased software called Content Agent which can in real time, ingest video while making our DVD files with different burn-in's. Each DVD file has a different burn in based on the recipient of the DVD for dailies. So after digitizing, we have say 10 different DVD files that now need to be put on DVD. Our current system takes about 20 minutes to burn a 1hr DVD. Now we're talking about an extra 2 hrs+ to make the all the physical DVD's.

I was looking into purchasing 5 DVD duplicators that are networkable so that I could drag the ISO file to the hard drive of each duplicator. This way, I would be creating 5 individualized dvd's at once.

Can anyone suggest 1)a better work flow or 2) DVD duplicators that are able to be hooked up through a network cable? I say duplicators because I could not find an external burner that didn't use USB 2.0. If you know of one of them that would be great too.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: OT: Need DVD Burner Solution
on Aug 13, 2009 at 11:00:43 pm

Hi Mike, It sounds like you are looking for some type of DVD publisher; essentially a fancy duplicator that runs from a host PC with software that can feed a cue of orders on-demand as you send them so you can walk away and let each drive burn a different disc. Or at least I hope I understood this right.

Rimage has a few different products that do this, specifically the Producer and the Professional line. Depending on which model you look at, they can burn anywhere from 1 - 4 discs at a time (all different content) and then print on it with unique artwork. It can be send different types of files for masters all over a network. We have a few of the Producer 7100s and I have been quite happy with them. It took quite a while to get past the initial quirky and outright frustrating learning curve of our early models (now discontinued), but I quite like our current models. Only downside is they are not cheap!

Microtech also makes some similar products, but I have not used them.

Microboards and Primera both have some units, but I don't think they will give you the flexibility to burn different content to discs simultaneously like the Rimage units will.

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]