FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Gunn
DVD Authoring problem
on Jul 26, 2009 at 9:01:29 pm

Wonder if anyone can help with this.

I am trying to author a DVD, the entire DVD plays fine on the PC and stand alone, when I import it to the DVD author only half shows on the timeline and I cannot add all the chapters.

I DID copy and paste the video folder and imported it into Tsunami and TMPGEnc DVD Author 3. In both cases only 26 of the 54 mns show on the timeline.

One half of the DVD ends and then the second half begins, I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this so I can author the entire 54 minute show.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: DVD Authoring problem
on Jul 30, 2009 at 4:18:28 am

Mac? PC? DVD authoring software? DVD file size? DVD single layer? Dual Layer?

Return to posts index

Tom Gunn
Re: DVD Authoring problem
on Jul 30, 2009 at 4:28:44 am

I mentioned the software, Tsunami and TMPGEnc DVD Author 3, it is all irrelevant, I managed to author it.

The problem was the way the DVD was recorded, 30 mns at a time, one segment finished and then the other started, and the second didn't appear on the timeline.

This worked: I ripped the DVD to a single VOB file with Decrypter;

Demuxed with Womble;

Imported both streams to TMPGEnc and rendered to DVD without authoring. In the previous attempt I authored the DVD and then rendered it, the second half of the DVD had no audio-no idea why.

I imported newly rendered VIDEO_TS to TMPGEnc and authored it, rendered to DVD and for some strange reason, all 54 mns were there, video and audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]