FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixel problem on DVD studio pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Zyke
Pixel problem on DVD studio pro
on Jul 16, 2009 at 12:28:05 pm

Hi all,

I am authoring a showreel for the company i am working for.
I am importing movies of good quality but as soon as I burn the dvd quality becomes awfull (blur and pxl pb)...
Does someone know why?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Pixel problem on DVD studio pro
on Jul 16, 2009 at 7:01:30 pm

yeah, you are probably have some set wrong, but without actual info we can only guess.

Return to posts index

Sarah Zyke
on Jul 16, 2009 at 11:15:55 pm

Well basicly all i did is to link my clips (.mov) to my menu(done with motion). I've changed one of the settings to 16:9 (but only for 1 video)and absolutly changed nothing else. So it might come from the fact I left the default setting lol.

I am sorry for the basic details but i am a beginner who has to make things look very professional...:S

thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 17, 2009 at 6:36:39 pm

If you search and read this forum and the DVDSP one, you will find post after post suggesting (strongly) to encode your movie with Compressor before you bring it into DVDSP. This way you can also make the audio ac3, post about how to do that also can be found here.

This is not a rebuke but a newbies will never learn by just pressing buttons blindly. You need to know what everything does before you do something and ask what did I do wrong.

If you want to be a professional, you need to learn the software, I'm going to say they nasty thing, read the manual, they are good, honestly, Apple manual are very well written. I bet most of the people that answer most of the questions on any forum have read the manual or at least a good bit of it. Not as a book, cover to cover. But I need to do this... what does the manual say, oh, say I see how it is done.

Spend sometime reading here, search quality, compressor, m2v and the like. Try some of the suggestions out. Post back ? anyplace you get stuck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]