FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to extract a Universal DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Henderson
Need to extract a Universal DVD
on Jul 15, 2009 at 12:40:32 pm

Hi guys. This is my first post in this forum. I've read many threads referring to DVD extraction but I've just been sent 3 discs that somebody wants me to cut a showreel from, and one of them is stamped Universal Studios.

I downloaded Handbrake and tested it on Minority Report (figuring that if it unpacked that it would unpack anything) and of course, it didn't give the result I was after.

Are there any programs out there that will unpack something that the "big boys" have encrypted onto DVD?

I have Production Premium CS4 and have access to an Avid suite, but I've never ripped a DVD in my life so this is all new to me.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Not the place
on Jul 15, 2009 at 3:44:48 pm

I'm sorry your job requires you to extract footage off of copy written DVDs but this is not the place to go for ripping advice. Google...

Noah

Writing RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Adam Henderson
Re: Not the place
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:36:31 pm

Sorry, I know it's an iffy subject. I just thought there might be some legit way of doing it that you guys knew about.

Forget I mentioned it :)

Adam.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:20:17 pm

How does one accomplish an illegal act legitimately? :)

-Noah

Writing RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Adam Henderson
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:37:04 pm

I'm a student so forgive my naivete. I just thought that with the price of suites like Avid and how they're used by major studios, they might have a feature in them to pull video off of discs for legitimate purposes. The guy that sent me these discs is the guy that created the shows contained on them.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jul 27, 2009 at 12:16:47 pm

lol...I had the same thought!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]