FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architecht error message after burning DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Stein
DVD Architecht error message after burning DVD
on Jul 2, 2009 at 2:33:24 am

I burned my finished DVD to a blank DVD on DVD Architect, but when it finished, the DVD popped out and I received the error message "The command failed due to an IOCTL error. Your interface or drive may be configured blah blah blah..."

I cannot play the DVD and I'm about to attempt to give it another go, but I don't want to experiment at the risk of wasting another DVD. What should I do?

Return to posts index

Jacob Stein
Re: DVD Architecht error message after burning DVD
on Jul 3, 2009 at 7:11:54 am

Sorry if I don't respond to any posts in this thread, I'll be in Cleveland until Sunday.

Return to posts index

Jacob Stein
on Jul 5, 2009 at 10:07:08 pm

Why isn't anyone responding to my question?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 5, 2009 at 10:15:17 pm

Don't use DVDA or PC's but your problem may lie in, "blah blah blah..."

You may have a bad drive, bad driver, bad prefs (if PCs have them), even bad discs.

DVDs cost 30 cents I would think you could afford to waste a couple.

Return to posts index

Jacob Stein
on Jul 5, 2009 at 10:30:13 pm

I just bought my CD drive, I understand that CDs are cheap, and telling me to buy a Mac or purchase another software is unhelpful. I'm looking for an answer, you pretty much pointed out to me that everything my computer is made up of doesn't work properly.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 5, 2009 at 10:42:29 pm

?????????????????????????????

Why are you getting so testy?

No where did I tell you to buy a Mac or other software. I don't use DVDA or PCs so my response was going to be limited to basic suggestions, was not commenting on DVDA or PCs good or bad.

I did not say that everything was broken either, but here are places the to start looking, hence the use of "maybe".

Now did you install a CD drive or a DVD drive? I'm assuming a DVD drive. Can you burn a DVD disc with other software? even just data on a DVD?

Return to posts index

Jacob Stein
on Jul 5, 2009 at 11:22:18 pm

Sorry about that, I've been having a bad day, I don't mean to put it on you. I do have a DVD drive, and I was set on using DVDA because I have it all set up the way I want it in the program.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 5, 2009 at 11:57:59 pm

No problem.

I don't know if this is a brand new drive, so I'm asking have you burned any type of DVDs before, how you ever burned a good DVD from DVDA. You need to go into troubleshooting mode. Does the drive work with anything, if it can burn a DVD with finder? or something like that, then your problem is with DVDA, if you cannot burn any disc anywhere, the problem is with the drive or setup of the drive.

Return to posts index

Jacob Stein
on Jul 6, 2009 at 5:42:05 am

Never mind, I fixed it by burning it as an ISO image and burning that to my disk. Thanks, though.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 8, 2009 at 10:59:17 pm

glad you at least got a working disc. this also tells you that the drive/driver is working. the problem must be a setting in DVDA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]