FORUMS: list search recent posts

NOT your typical CC troubleshooting post...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Adair
NOT your typical CC troubleshooting post...
on Jun 25, 2009 at 1:56:05 pm

My client seems to think that DVDs are like people, each with a different temperament. That's why some like to show closed captioning and others don't. They can't seem to understand that each time they put a disc into a new TV or computer they've changed the environment in which it's playing and may have to check how things are set up--
so much for widespread critical thinking and troubleshooting skills...

Here's where I can use your help. Can you all help me list all of the reasons that closed captioning on a DVD might not show up on a computer or a TV/monitor? Some reasons might include:

-On a computer, the playback software doesn't support it.
-On a computer, you have the CC option disabled in your software.
-You're hooking up a DVD player to a monitor without a CC decoder.
-Your TV or monitor only decodes CC through the coax input.
-You don't have CC turned on on the TV, or it's on the wrong caption option (CC2, CC3 etc)

So here's where I could use your help to make an exhaustive list of reasons why CC might not be displayed, since many of you have much more experience with this than I. No verified reason is too obvious to list here, although speculation is forbidden- please only list confirmed reasons why cc may not play. I'll then get the list organized by similar issue and maybe we could publish it here as a definitive guide to why it's not your fault that someone doesn't know how to play back their closed captioning.

Thanks in advance!

Lee

MediaWorks, Inc.
Your Image is Our Mission; 'On Target' is Our Mantra; Satisfaction is Our Manifesto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]