FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few questions about different things

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirk Smith
A few questions about different things
on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:03:38 am

I have multiple questions here, and I'm a little dissapointed. I typed up this big long post with details about everything I wanted and I hit preview post instead of post direct, and I thought it got posted and closed the tab...gone. I guess I'll type it again.

Ok, my first question is this, in Sony DVD Architect 4.5, is there a way to have a sort of "on button select" event? For example, in web design there is an onmouseover event wherein when a person puts their mouse over the element, something happens. In this case I'd like to change part of the menu, just some text. I'm recreating the menu from a video game (Halo Wars) and in that menu, when the user selects an item from the list on the left, the text description of the item they've selected is displayed on the right. I'd like to replicate that as best I could. I don't know if it's possible to do this, I can't imagine it wouldn't be. It might help to explain that it's a bluray disc that I'm authoring, not a standard DVD (though I'm burning it onto a standard 4.7 GB DVD disc). That is my first question.

My second question relates to both DVD Architect and Vegas 8.1. The media I'm working with was recorded from a video game using an HD capture card in 720p and (I think) 5.1 audio. I could be wrong about the audio, there are 2 audio streams in the source file, not 3. 2 channels per stream means only 4 channels, but I don't know, maybe it does it weird. I know I'm recording using S/PDIF (fiber optic) from the Xbox 360, it should be 5.1, if someone needs an example file I can upload one. Another thing is that since it's recorded media it needs to be trimmed a little to get rid of the...I call it padding, on the beginning and end of the clip. I can't do that in Architect, so Ihave to do it in Vegas. I've read to export it to a MPEG2 DVDA Compliant preset, I need to know, will doing this decrease the quality (or hugely increase the filesize) of my source video? I want to provide this Bluray disc in the highest possible quality, that is, the quality I recorded it in. I recorded it in 720p, S/PDIF audio, 13.5 Mbps CBR, and 59.940 FPS, that's what I want to put it on this disk as. That's my second question.

My third, and final, question is this: how do I know I have 5.1 audio. I just recently fixed my 5.1 system on my computer so that it actually outputs 5.1 sound (literally, I just fixed it tonight.) As I said before, the recorded video files have 2 audio streams with (as far as I can tell) 2 channels per stream, meaning only 4 channels, which isn't 5.1. Regardless of if the sound I have in the file is 5.1 though, I have the means of getting all 6 channels of audio, it'll just take a while. What I really need to know is how can I tell if I'm working with 5.1 in Vegas? I know how to enable 5.1 surround in the project settings, but that's about it. A little box shows up in the audio track, but nothing else changes, the audio track's waveform doesn't change at all, so I don't know if I'm actually workingwith real 5.1 or if it's upscaling the 2 channels into 5.1, I don't want that, I want real 5.1 audio.

To any that help, thank you, I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]