FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD authoring and Ripguard

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david Glaser
DVD authoring and Ripguard
on Jun 9, 2009 at 3:54:58 pm

I've been authoring for over 5 years now and tracking the Title SPRM with a GPRM to set my highlight button.

Now my company has been given the ripguard app to apply digital macrovision to our titles.
Ripguard basically takes a 4 title DVD and turns it into a 99 Title DVD with a bunch of dummy titles.

Does anyone author differently than tracking titles to set highlight buttons? I find it very easy and logical.

Right now i feel like i'd be stuck creating my own GPRM values to track the highlight button, but if anyone has any other ideas, i'd love to hear them.

thanks,
david

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD authoring and Ripguard
on Jun 9, 2009 at 6:54:10 pm

I heard there are changes you need to make in the authoring process for ripguard titles. I track titles too so all I can say is you'll need to set those register values right off the bat before playing the title. You're using Scenarist?

Also...can you give a hint what Ripguard costs per disc unit...just curious. Seems like such as waste of money but if the client wants to pay...so be it!

Return to posts index

david Glaser
Re: DVD authoring and Ripguard
on Jun 9, 2009 at 7:03:24 pm

from what i can tell (in looking at Wall-E and Lost S4, both ripguarded titles), it seems as though there is no advancing of highlights. i think that's really the best you can do with ripguard. unless you want to put in a bunch of dummy chapters and use Part of Title to track that way. Seems like a lot of work for not much result. You're right, best bet is just for the author to be the title tracker!

as far as pricing goes? no idea. too low on the food chain to find out. :)

thanks,
david

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]