FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing project names in the "Build & Format" window

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Jones
Changing project names in the "Build & Format" window
on Jun 6, 2009 at 8:01:22 pm

Hi everyone -

Thanks again for the advice about the menu buttons (and, in return I'll try to answer a question on here that I can!).

There's one more thing we're running into that, short of completely starting the project over from scratch, I'm wondering if there's a way to remedy:

We originally duplicated an existing DVD Studio Pro project file to create the project we're working on. (many of the elements were similar in both projects, and it saved us a considerable ammt. of time). We, of course, re-named the new project. However, when we Build and Format, it still shows the original file's name. Fine, we changed it back to our new name in the Build and Format dialogue box by "Disc". However, in the same box, under "Source", "Current Project", it still shows the old name. And, there's no way of changing it here to the new name.

This seems like it is a minor problem, but when we sent the discs out for replication the last time, on the discs that we got back, the disc / desktop image read the old name. So, in other words, the name of the disc as it appears on the desktop, is the name of the old project it was copied from (and, hence the wrong name!)

This is a rather involved project involving multiple menus / chapters, etc, and re-building the project from scratch in order to get the proper disc name isn't really an option.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this, and if they had figured a way around it? Is there a way to permanently change the 'Current Project' name in the Build and Format window?

Thanks in advance for your help, all!
- Jennifer

Return to posts index

Jennifer Jones
Re: Changing project names in the "Build & Format" window
on Jun 6, 2009 at 8:42:37 pm

Never mind - Just figured it out (change it in the disc / general tab)!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]