FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP Double-Stop Button Resume Madness!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brenna jensen
DVDSP Double-Stop Button Resume Madness!
on Jun 5, 2009 at 6:51:44 pm

I'm authoring a DVD in DVDSP. I have it all squared away, everything tested fine except this one problem.

When I hit stop on the remote once, then play, the DVD resumes at the spot it left off, as it's supposed to--that's no problem. When I hit stop twice--essentially (ideally) clearing the resume, it picks up at the start of a random track on my DVD, rather than returning to the main menu, which is what I'd like it to do.

I've looked online at other forums, and there was talk of organizing VTS folders and tracks; I checked that and reorganized--tested, no dice. I fiddled with the 'pin track to VTS' feature, but I'm unclear of what that does--just know it didn't fix my problem.

I even built a 2 second long black track with the end jump set to the main menu--tossed it into the VTS1 folder in hopes it would play those 2 seconds then get me to the menu. No dice still! It just keeps resorting to that same track.

This track it keeps going to: I believe this is one of the first pieces I imported into this project--is it somehow flagged as such? I'm out of ideas.

Hoping someone knows the magic answer so I can stop the madness...

Thank you in advance!

Very Sincerely,

-Brj

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVDSP Double-Stop Button Resume Madness!
on Jun 5, 2009 at 10:01:50 pm

Try movie the original video track out of VTS 1 into a new VTS, leaving that black track as the only thing in VTS 1.

What is you First Play on the disc?

Return to posts index

Brenna jensen
on Jun 8, 2009 at 6:06:35 pm

The black track is the only thing in VTS1--actually, all tracks (there are about 13 or so) are in their own folders, aside from the menu's, which are all in one folder (there are 4); placement of the VTS folder containing the menus seems not to matter, at least from trial/error I've done.

My first play is my main menu, Menu 1--this is where I want the DVD to pick up after a double-stop.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 10, 2009 at 10:48:22 pm

I would try making the 2 sec of black the first play also. I always set a video asset to be the first play. If it really is a menu that I want to be the first thing that the viewer deals with I make a 1-2 second of black to set the player and then jump to the menu. The view will never notice that the menu is not the first play. This a thing that helps with playback compatibility and it may fix your problem also.

Return to posts index

Brenna jensen
on Jun 10, 2009 at 10:37:19 pm

I gave that a shot and it's still reverting to the same track. Gahh!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:22:12 pm

Have you tried the disc in another player. I have to admit that I have never even tried to test what happens with this. I know that some players act differently but I would think if it was not going to play the first play it would only be able to play the VTS 1 video.

do you have any scripting going on?

Return to posts index

Brenna jensen
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:35:40 pm

I figured it out! Gahhhh finally! :)

Although I had my 'black track' as my first play in the VTS folders, when I switched back to 'regular' view mode (out of VTS), my tracks did not follow the same order. I moved my black track to the top and that fixed it. I'm so glad! Thank you so much for all your help.

-Brj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]