FORUMS: list search recent posts

Up / down / left / right button functions in DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Jones
Up / down / left / right button functions in DVD Studio Pro
on Jun 4, 2009 at 5:08:11 pm

Hi everyone -

I have a question regarding button functions in DVD Studio Pro.

My issue is this: I create buttons, then I specify (in the advanced tab) for each button where it is supposed to jump when the user navigates left, right, up down, etc. Easy enough. However, when I modify one button, it will sometimes mess with the other buttons I have already created.

So, for example, I'm doing a scene selection menu of a feature film, and every time I modify he scene 6 button (to have it point to the item below it when the user hits the down button on their remote), it will change how the scene 5 button navigates (improperly telling the scene 5 button to go to the item above it when the down button is pressed).

Make sense? I'm not sure why this is happening, and it's driving us nuts. We've scoured the forum to see if anyone has addressed this already, but haven't found anything.

Any advice / insight would be extremely helpful! - Thanks in advance!
- Jennifer

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Up / down / left / right button functions in DVD Studio Pro
on Jun 4, 2009 at 6:12:44 pm

If you are manually assigning button navigation make sure the Auto Assign Button Continuously not turn off (unchecked) this is done in the Settings drop down menu upper right of the viewer screen.

Try that and it should fit it. But remember that DVDSP will no longer assign these navigations so if you build a menu after you turn it off there is no navigation but you can select NOW is the same place as above and it will do the auto assign once for that menu.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Jones
on Jun 4, 2009 at 6:20:10 pm

Bingo - That was it. Thanks so much Michael (and, I knew it had to be something 'easy' like this!) Thanks again!
- Jennifer

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 4, 2009 at 6:32:02 pm

Welcome.

That in one thing that is burned into my head, spent one extremely frustrated day years ago, yelling at my computer.

Glad it worked.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 4, 2009 at 8:48:53 pm

You can say that again! Totally annoying afternoon spent several years ago! Oh! Then there was the time I received a muxing error stating:

"English and English-1 languages must differ"

I missed a deadline because of that one :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]