FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring For DVD9 help!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Gay
Authoring For DVD9 help!
on Jun 3, 2009 at 10:48:48 am

I have a 184 minute project that has to be authored for DVD9. I have been told that the replicator will accept both a burned DVD+R and two DVD5's one for each layer.

My system is Mac OS 10.5.7, 2x2.8 GHz Quad Intel Xeon, 8 GB RAM, FCP5, DVDSP4, now since switching to this Mac earlier this year I can no longer get the Compressor to work. I've been through all the threads and advice offered but still no joy. So I guess I had no choice but to use QT files in DVDSP.

I built all the menus imported the QT assets linkled all the chapters etc then I tested via simulator, made a list of changes that needed to be made to the video, closed DVDSP and went into FCP and made the changes.

Then when I opened DVDSP to my horror it's looking for the refernce files and won't open. All I want to do is open the file so I can replace the files with the new ones. How can I get around this? I've got a client chasing for the approval disc and I'm coming up against problem after problem!

Also any tips for getting the best I can from using QT files instead of the compressor would be appreciated.

Regartds

Brian Gay

V2V Visuals

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Authoring For DVD9 help!
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:34:08 pm

Where are the original files? Have they been moved or deleted?

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Brian Gay
on Jun 3, 2009 at 3:04:57 pm

The QT files are in a folder on the same drive along with the rest of the project files when I try to relink the files I get a message that say the data doesn't match yet the file names are the same?

Brian

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 3, 2009 at 5:25:50 pm

Hard to say but I suspect something was changed or moved. You should try recreating a part of the project and see what happens.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]