FORUMS: list search recent posts

m2v clean GFX?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Campbell
m2v clean GFX?
on Jun 2, 2009 at 10:21:02 pm

Is there any way to compress for a DVD using Compressor and get the GFX in the video to look as good as the GFX in the HD ProRes QT. Or is the degraded GFX a Compressor/m2v issue that I must learn to live with? I've read many of the post and use Shane's work flow. Video looks great but the GFX loose the clean edge.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: m2v clean GFX?
on Jun 3, 2009 at 12:45:35 am

Really depends on the graphics- high contrast ultra fine details are not going to survive into MPEG-2 as they look in ProRes HQ. You have to design a bit for the limitations of NTSC video too.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

William Campbell
Re: m2v clean GFX?
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:17:39 am

We used a solid font but I guess it's just the nature of the beast. 10 bit HD GFX to SD just breaks on the edges. I had a friend that brought in a little project with a lot of graphics she designed in Keynote and layed off to an H.264 QT and burned a DVD with iDVD. I ran the same QT through Compressor for an m2v. In the end the iDVD burn she did looked better. Go figure. I wonder what iDVD did that Compressor didn't.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]