FORUMS: list search recent posts

Other Good DVD Authoring Software Besides Encore?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Kraut
Other Good DVD Authoring Software Besides Encore?
on May 27, 2009 at 3:09:22 am

Hey everyone,

I'm moving away from Encore as a menu-creation and authoring tool (can't get it to work), and I'm looking for a replacement.

I'm editing the video in Premiere, and I need a way to set chapter markers (and to make full menus) after the video has already been exported out of Premiere.

Also I need something that will allow me to import in the MPEG-2 DVD format that I export out of Premiere, or at least a better way to do it.

I'm good with computers but not very experienced in video authoring, so basically looking for an easy way to make a full DVD project, using Premiere as my editor.

Thoughts? Thanks to any and all feedback.

Very best,

Jack

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Other Good DVD Authoring Software Besides Encore?
on May 27, 2009 at 9:50:56 am

Hmmmm....doesn't get much easier than Encore. What exactly is the issue? Here's a list of other tools to try.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-dvd

Return to posts index

Jack Kraut
Re: Other Good DVD Authoring Software Besides Encore?
on May 27, 2009 at 8:37:12 pm

Cool, thanks for the list, that will help a lot.

The issue is that Encore crashes on startup, I'm tired of reinstalling it, and when I tried to render a 1 minute video in Encore, I came back an hour later and it still wasn't done. I'm running a dual core 2 ghz amd, cs4, 2gb ram and 4gb readyboost.

I'd -really- like Encore to work, but I've spent way too much time troubleshooting the authoring component of the DVD, when I'm making DVDs not for TV but for basic e-learning type stuff in which people don't require "perfect" quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]