FORUMS: list search recent posts

scripts in dvd sp

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederico Kasper
scripts in dvd sp
on Apr 27, 2009 at 12:55:54 am

Greetings!
I am authoring my first dvd and would like that when ever the viewer press the eject buttom a short "goodbye" video track plays before the ejects occurs (off course). It is similar to the first play, but inverse; a kind of last play.

Does anyone knows a script or command for it?

Thanks in advance,

Kasper

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: scripts in dvd sp
on Apr 27, 2009 at 5:51:41 pm

Nothing can be scripted, this is a command to the player, the player acts without consulting with the disc.

Return to posts index

Frederico Kasper
on Apr 27, 2009 at 8:29:01 pm

Thanks Michael,

I have another question, maybe you can help-me.

I have a main menu with 8 buttons, each assigned to a specific track. When I am playing track 5 (for example) and press the menu button in the remote control, it jumps to the main menu but the button highlighted is the one linked to track one. How can I fix it so when ever I am viewing a specific track and press the menu button in the remote, it will jump to the main menu highlighting the button of the track that I was watching?

Thanks again,
k

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Apr 28, 2009 at 4:06:30 am

For each track you can set the Menu, which is what the remote button jumps to, by default it is set to "Same as disc" if you reset it in each track's inspector>general, you can choose the menu and the button to highlight.

Return to posts index

Frederico Kasper
on May 2, 2009 at 7:33:31 pm

Michael, thank you for the attention.
I will try to make my self clear:

The first play is a small intro video that ends in the main menu.

The main menu has eight buttons, each one assigned to a specific track.
I would like them to play in a specific sequence that goes like this:

Track one´s end jump goes to track two´s button in the main menu , Track two´s end jump goes to track three´s button, and so on. But if some how the viewer interrupts the track in the middle of a play it would go to the same button of the track that is playing and not to the next of the sequence.

Also, I would like a script that allows me to automatically play through all the fluxogram of the authoring. In other words, after the first play reaches the main menu it holds for about three seconds with the button of the first track highlighted and then, automatically initiates the sequence of the play, showing all the buttons and tracks of the authoring. For example: In the main menu the track one´s button is highlighted, holds for three seconds and star to play, if it completes the play it goes to the main menu and shows the second track button highlighted, stays for three seconds and start to play, if now for some reason the viewer interrupts that, it goes to the main menu but with the track two´s button highlighted, showing me the track the viewer just came from.

Thank you in advance for your help.

kasper

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 2, 2009 at 9:21:52 pm

With the end jump you can set it to the Menu and the button you want, no scripting needed. Each track can have its own remote Menu jump in which you select the menu it goes to as well as the button on the menu if you like.

You can set any menu to time out and then end jump which could go to the script which reads the button highlight and jumps to the appropriate track. I hope you are not really considering a 3 second delay, that would be almost impossible to not have it autoplay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]