FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect - Shaky

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Libby Csulik
DVD Architect - Shaky
on Apr 20, 2009 at 7:18:51 pm

When using DVD Architect 5, my DVDs will sometimes come out "shaky" looking. Meaning, when I'm playing back the DVD on a variety of players, the person on screen will appear jittery as they move around. I have had this happen with 2 separate burners, so I don't think that is the issue. I have also had success in re-burning a DVD and having it come out smooth looking, as it should. I use TY DVDs, which typically for me are extremely reliable.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Libby

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
Re: DVD Architect - Shaky
on Apr 21, 2009 at 4:07:27 pm

So you're saying one burn of a project is shaky, then another burn of the same project on the same burner is not?

Usually...if people appear shaky when they move, it's likely NOT a burning issue, but probably an issue where the field/frame handling is incorrect in the original file...or the original MPEG2 files are not compliant, and DVD architect is recompressing and messing up the field/frame handling.

Do you run the optimize function on projects to make sure your files aren't getting recompressed?

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Libby Csulik
on Apr 21, 2009 at 7:00:51 pm

Yes, one burn of a project is shaky, then another burn of the same
project on the same burner is not. Sometimes I have to burn it once, twice, four times, etc. until I get a smooth dvd.

I do run the optimize function and the files are not being recompressed.

Here's basically what I do. (Perhaps I should be doing something additional, I'm open to suggestion)
I am bringing the files via firewire from the original tape onto a hard drive and into Vegas. I slap them on the timeline, do some cutting, and render them back out as MPEG2 and AC3. I then bring that into DVD Architect, make a single movie, put in a few chapter markers, check the optimize, and burn a movie.

After that, my results are pretty inconsistent. Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Libby

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
on Apr 21, 2009 at 10:42:22 pm

Sounds like your workflow is fine. The only thing I can think of is your DVD burner is either going bad, or you need to reduce the burn speed. It might be that the data throughput from your hard drive to your burner isn't keeping up with the data rate of the DVD (or vice-versa).

But I've never seen a burn complete without error if that's what's occurring.

So try burning at a slower speed (if it's burning at 16x, change it 8x). Other than that I can't think of any reason why this would occur.

Last thing...are you testing playback on mutliple DVD's and computer software DVD players to make sure this is a burn issue and not some playback issue on perhaps a failing DVD player or a software setting on a graphics card or software DVD player on a PC??

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Libby Csulik
on Apr 23, 2009 at 3:04:14 pm

I will try reducing the burn speed, perhaps that will make a difference. I have had this issue occur on 2 separate burners, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

I have tried playing it back on multiple DVD players as well, so it's not just one particular player going bad.

Thanks for your input!

Libby

Return to posts index

catherine nauta
on Oct 8, 2009 at 4:28:45 am

hi i know your ploblem and its easly fixed you need to change one setting each time you make a dvd compelation go into your GENREAL menu on the right and REDUCE INTERLACE FLICKER turn it from off to ON and this till stop any motion on your dvd and stabelize it

hope that helps

Catherine
LIFEMEDIA
australia
lmedia@blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]