FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it Mac-Blu Ray time?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlo Ferraro
Is it Mac-Blu Ray time?
on Apr 17, 2009 at 10:16:00 am

I've been delaying the purchase of an external Blu Ray burner for obviuus reasons:
1-Price and recording speed of units
2-Price of Media
3-Crossover to Mac
4-DVD Studio Pro still in the HD-DVD era
5-Compatibilities
I am wondering if with the media at 5$ and the burners at 6x spped it's about time to enter the Blu Ray world.
I've read about a lot of issues with Mac.
Any experiences?
Thanks

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Is it Mac-Blu Ray time?
on Apr 20, 2009 at 11:55:22 pm

Apple announced about 5 months ago it wont be including Blu Ray. Maybe things will change change...only Apple knows the answer to that question.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Apr 25, 2009 at 9:49:05 pm

Well, you have Toast on the Mac that can make simple discs. Still no easy way to play discs to test on the Mac. Get a bluRay player and you can test there, but it seems different players don't like certain discs. I burned a DVD-R as a BluRay with a single menu and single track and a Sony played it but a Samsung and an Insignia did not.

I am going to try burning to an actual BluRay disc to see what happens.

However, another DVD-R that I burned with only a video and no menu would play on various players. Not very consistent.

There is Encore as well, but it comes with a learning curve. and with CS4 it must be on an Intel Mac.

Disc prices are decent and burning is, well burning. Feels a lot like the early days of DVD creation...say, around 2001 or so.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
on May 21, 2009 at 4:52:09 pm

Get Encore CS4 for your Mac (Production Prem) and you can burn Blu-Ray discs. The external LaCie LADVDBRFWU4 d2 Blu-ray Drive or similar model works like a dream on the Mac. I've used Sony and Verbatim media on it, including rewriteable Blu-Ray discs and the 50gb ones. No problems. Most clients have Sony Blu-ray players and they've all worked so far.

---------------------------------------------
Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]