FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect ratios- how play movie widescreen on Tv AND laptopr-HELP!!!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eoin Macken
Aspect ratios- how play movie widescreen on Tv AND laptopr-HELP!!!
on Apr 15, 2009 at 3:09:00 pm

I'm having awful trouble. I'm trying to export 2 films, a documentary and a feature that's playing in festivals in a few weeks and I can't export and burn a version of either films to play in widescreen on a computer AND the television.

Both were shot in HDV on the sony Z-1 on 1080i50, and yet when i usa the compressor for this, the film will show in iDVD as a widescreen preview which is perfect, as when it's burnt to a dvd it plays the true widescreen on my laptop or any other computer...YET....this sma edvd will then not display the image properly on ANY tv, even viewing in 4:3 mode on the tv settings, the image is cropped by almost 10% on the sides, and zoomed in, so i'm losing part of my image.

To make the films play properly on a television i have to export them using a DV PAl compressor (of any sort, anamorphic or just Dv-PAl 48KHZ etc), then the films play perfectly widescreen on televisions BUT they are letterboxed on the sides on a laptop or computer, compressing the image!

I need to know the right compressor to get it to play both widescreen on a tv and computer (as any commercial dvd does).

is it my idvd settings? once it previews in widescreen it just won't work on a tv?

can somebody tell me do i need to go somewhere, or what export settings do i need to use, i've experimented with everything and im at a loss!!!!

also, what is the best compressor for the best quality of a film to burn to dvd from the final cut time line!?

Cheers

Eoin

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Aspect ratios- how play movie widescreen on Tv AND laptopr-HELP!!!
on Apr 15, 2009 at 6:05:31 pm

If you have FCP do you not have DVDSP?

Quality and Compression from FCP has been answered many times, especially in the DVDSP forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]