FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP6/DVD SP 4 compression markers closer together than 1 second?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sarah chantor
FCP6/DVD SP 4 compression markers closer together than 1 second?
on Apr 12, 2009 at 3:50:45 am

Hi,
I edited a reel for a lighting designer who wanted a chapter marker between each shot to be able to skip through during a demonstration of his work (using FCP6 and will use DVD Studio Pro 4.)
Just read that FCP will not allow you to place compression markers for export to m2v closer together than one sec- many of the shots are less than one sec. Is there any work around for this? Any secret preference I can change?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: FCP6/DVD SP 4 compression markers closer together than 1 second?
on Apr 12, 2009 at 4:13:23 am

All chapter markers are I-frames (compression markers) so there has to be a safety spacing of these i-frames. This is so DVDSP stays within DVD spec for the GOP structure.

But this would be classified in the "Why the hell would you even want that." Who would want to next chapter through less than one second clips. Just so you know there is also a 99 chapter limit so at 1 sec apart you will hit that limit within 2 seconds. Some times you need to tell a client, nothing can be done to make this work nor should you even do this if you could.

Return to posts index

Tak West
Re: FCP6/DVD SP 4 compression markers closer together than 1 second?
on May 26, 2009 at 7:56:41 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong but FCP puts a (invisible) Compression I Frame at every cut point and after every dissolve or transition. They are not actual markers but count as I frames.

Would I be wrong to assume that these Cut Compression Indicators DO NOT count as part of the 99 Marker limit?

I know this doesn't help the Chapter Marker question above but I am wondering.

Thanks

TAK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]