FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with DVD Creation on Mac with Toast

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Roland
Help with DVD Creation on Mac with Toast
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:52:57 pm

I am new to this forum and this is my first posting.
I created a video on my Macintosh with FC Pro HD. I had FC Pro save the completed video as a Quicktime file. The video sources were old VHS tapes, so they are in standard 4:3 video resolution. On FC Pro and the QT Player Pro app on my computer, the video looks fine. However, I then set up Toast to burn the QT file onto a DVD-R disk. The video burned and the DVD plays in my DVD player BUT the aspect ratio of the video is now wider than it was originally.

What is causing this and how can I burn a DVD with the aspect ratio of the original?

Many thanks,

George Roland

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
Re: Help with DVD Creation on Mac with Toast
on Apr 8, 2009 at 6:52:03 pm

If you are having Toast do the DVD encoding, be sure to check the settings. On Toast 10, for example, when you are doing Video>DVD-Video, there is an Options menu on the bottom. This menu has a choice for automatic and custom encoding... Furthermore, you can click the "More" button to view the encoding settings, which include options such as aspect ratio, quality, format, etc.
Or, you can just go out of FCP into Compressor (.m2v and .ac3) and out to DVDSP and most likely get a better quality result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]