FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dubbing Station Flicker issue (signal issue perhaps?)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janet Penny
Dubbing Station Flicker issue (signal issue perhaps?)
on Apr 2, 2009 at 2:32:22 pm

I'm trying to dub DVCPro HD tapes to Harddrive and then will burn to DVD and am coming across what I think is a signal issue. I am encountering a type of screen flicker that happens very randomly. Sometimes I can go 8 minutes without a jump of the screen, sometimes meer seconds. I currently have the dubbing station as follows:

DVCProHD deck is currently set up coming out of the 2 audio RCA cable ports and the video is coming out of the Super Video BNC output (through a BNC to RCA adaptor). This is plugged into the 3 video and audio(left&right) RCA ports into the Panasonic DVR 560H DVD burner.
From there I have the HDMI cable coming out of the burner and into the Samsung LCD TV monitor.

*note, I have also tried connection through the DV firewire out of the DVCProHD deck into the firewire port on the DVD burner, but when I change the preferences on the deck internally, it gives me a message that says "there is no DV input, the TV system does not match, or the video signal can not be recorded". There is a DV input, so I imagine one of the other 2 may be the case, but need more clarification/troubleshooting help.

I have also just tried using the RCA cables from one machine, to the other, to the other. Still the same flicker issue.

I have hooked up dubbing stations like this in the past, but it has just been DVCpro decks and old TV monitors. I haven't dealt alot with HD, thus the reason I think I am having signal(?) issues.

Is there a different cable I can use, or even a converter of sometype or perhaps these various machines just aren't compatible with each other? Is there a switch I can change within the DVCProHD deck to make it not flicker?

Any help ASAP would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]