FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD DVD in Toast 10

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aryn Leigh
HD DVD in Toast 10
on Mar 25, 2009 at 7:52:30 pm

Wow... Is there a way to burn HD DVD's and not BLU-RAY's in Toast? Can somebody clarify that for me? I've spoken to the sales team and tech support 4 times, and I get a different answer from everybody. I can't find anything specifying HD DVD online.

Thanks!

-AL

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HD DVD in Toast 10
on Mar 25, 2009 at 8:02:55 pm

HD DVD is a dead format. The only program that I think can do HD DVDs is DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Aryn Leigh
on Mar 25, 2009 at 8:42:39 pm

Yes... HD DVD is archaic but my client is international and I think that their systems still use HD DVD players. What's hard too is that I cannot find a post house that encodes this, or even a person who owns an HD DVD player should I burn a copy and need to test it.

I have heard that DVD studio pro 4 has an option to create HD DVD's. I cannot confirm whether this is legitimate HD DVD or some other format.

Check it out:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/hd_dvds_on_sd_dvds_young.html

Please let me know if you know anything about this, and thank you for your advice!!

-AL

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:22:24 pm

DVDSP will author HD DVD but you want to make sure it plays before sending it to someone. Lots of compatibility issues. Dont make HD DVDs. Its a dead format and will never return :)

Return to posts index

Aryn Leigh
on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:32:16 pm

Hah~! I have a feeling that the client does not know the difference either. Although we have confirmed that it is NOT Blue Ray, Something tells me they may not know the difference. This is very frustrating as I have put in a considerable effort trying to find a post house that still deals with HD DVD.

On the other hand, if I burn a blu-ray with toast, are they're any compatibility issues I may encounter?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 25, 2009 at 10:00:13 pm

Yes....there will be, depending on the player. Use Sony, PS3 or Panasonic. Test it on the exact player they will have.

You wont find a post house that does HD DVD anymore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]