FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-Media Disc

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramfis Myrthil
Multi-Media Disc
on Mar 21, 2009 at 6:46:29 am

I am looking to put together a multi-media disc. I would like to make a disc that is compatible to ROM & DVD which would incorporate our short film, press kit, stills, & trailer. My editor does not have the program necessary to make a multi-media disc. If you have an idea of how to put this together please advise. Please name the softwares which can create a Multi-Media Disc and how long this process takes. If there is anyone interested in helping in the NYC area please email me at info@botep.net. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Multi-Media Disc
on Mar 21, 2009 at 12:56:33 pm

All DVDs are DVD-ROMs, formatted as UDF, all you need to do is add a folder to your disc. Unlike Audio CD that had a separate partition if you wanted to include data and then on a computer it showed up as 2 different discs.

The problems arise if you want to access this extra media via the DVD programing, which there WERE several programs that tried to bring this function to authoring but they have been abandoned or recommended against using.

So on the final disc you end up with the Video TS, Audio TS (empty) and EXTRAs folders, all your extra files are put into the EXTRAs folders and are accessible when you navigate to the disc on your computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]