FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Contents on a DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deron Kamisato
Editing Contents on a DVD
on Mar 21, 2009 at 12:39:07 am

Hi,

I was asked to edit contents on a burned DVD of a pageant. The editing part is easy (changing a lower third, switching two clips) but my problem is how to get that back to the DVD without too much trouble. The company that shot and authored the DVD went out of business a while ago so the original footage and project files are gone. I only have the burned copy to work with.

My biggest fear is that I will have to create a new DVD menu structure from scratch. The menu is pretty complicated with lots of animation and transitions. I don't have the time to try and recreate everything. Is is possible to edit the video on the DVD and get it back without having to create a new DVD project?

Thanks,

Deron

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Editing Contents on a DVD
on Mar 21, 2009 at 1:43:09 am

There is a program on the Mac called DVDAfterEdit, It is not cheap and it has a pretty good learning curve. But with it you can replace a video asset without too much trouble. You would rip the video file from the DVD with a standard ripping tool, make your changes and then place the new video back in the Video TS Folder.

There is a program on the PC side but I think you have to also have Scenarist. There maybe other types out there but I'm a Mac only shop.

If you think this is a one time deal for you you can email me and I'll give you a price to handle the replacement for you. Pretty much an hours work after you make your changes.

onthecow (at) michaelangelodv (dot) com

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Editing Contents on a DVD
on Mar 21, 2009 at 2:48:22 am

Michael is right, there are only a couple of programs that are capable of doing this task, and they aren't cheap. Even if you managed to get one without paying for it, either through trial period or other methods, they aren't very intuitive. If Michael's price is reasonable, I would take him up on it.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]