FORUMS: list search recent posts

DL DVD/DVD-Rom

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mills
DL DVD/DVD-Rom
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:08:37 pm

I'm authoring a program that with extras is requiring us to do DL DVD. The initial disc played successfully in our players but is having trouble with others. I understand that best practices is to create a DVD-ROM, like the big boys, and that would solve the play compatibility.

My question: Would DVD-ROM do this for us? If so, what is the best burning tool for this function?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DL DVD/DVD-Rom
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:53:28 pm

DVD-ROM is a different format than DVD-R,DVD+R or DVD-VIDEO. The latter all play VIDEO_TS folders on a set top. DVD-ROM is a computer only format (like CD-ROM).

There are many players which will have trouble playing DL media. The only media that should be used is Verbatim DVD+R DL. Which tool are you using to author? Try the Verbatim media...see if it helps.

Return to posts index

Michael Mills
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:58:01 pm

I'm using Avid DVD by Sonic, it's Sonic's DVDitPro HD.

Leap and the net will appear!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 20, 2009 at 5:27:06 pm

Eric, small correction, all DVDs are DVD-ROM, the CD-ROM is in contrast to an audio CD. What makes a playable DVD-Video is the fact that the DVD-ROM is formated as UDF instead of a Mac or PC disc. Then the folders and file structure have to follow the approved path. All this is handled by DVDSP with build and format. With programs like Toast you can do it incorrectly if you don't know what you are doing.

Return to posts index

Roman Melekh
on May 12, 2009 at 8:57:13 pm

you need program like ImgBurn (PC) to record DVD+R DL disk like DVD-ROM (with book-type change)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]