FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parental Lock Programming

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Harmon
Parental Lock Programming
on Mar 17, 2009 at 7:13:27 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some examples Parental Lock Out Programming / Scripting. I know it has to do with SPRM13, but how do I list the commands and/or comparisons.

Please help!

George Harmon
george@kfudvd.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Parental Lock Programming
on Mar 17, 2009 at 9:04:48 pm

Lets say you set your players levels are set to PG-13. You could do something like:

GPRM, SPRM 13
Jump Menu x if GPRM < /= 4

Jump Menu y if GPRM > /= 5

Menus x can be your main menu which allows access to the disc because your level is PG-13 and below and also assumes you set your player to PG-13 or below

Menu y can say something like "Sorry, this disc cannot be accessed based on current parental settings" because 5 and above is Rated R and up (actually 6 is R rated)

Like all programming, there are a millions ways to do this and this is a simple example. Remember, it depends on the players settings. Also no one sets their parental levels on there players anyway so unless its for personal use - its worthless. I also may be wrong but I dont think this is a required player manufacturing requirement either. In a nutshell - WASTE of time :)

Return to posts index

George Harmon
on Mar 17, 2009 at 9:12:11 pm

HI Eric,

thanks for the response! However, I do need this programming.
the titles I am authoring are adult and require a parental lock out
by the client. Is there a level higher than 6 (R)?

Anything to add?

Best,

George

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 18, 2009 at 1:42:41 am

There's an NC-17 setting which puts a value of 7 into SPRM 13. Check in the manual for each setting. It doesn't matter which GPRM

Also make sure the client knows this is a waste of time unless the parental mode is set correctly on the player....something nobody does. :)

Return to posts index

George Harmon
on Apr 6, 2009 at 8:30:41 pm

HI Eric,

Thank you again for your help!

Do you have an example of a script to set audio channels / audio set up?

Thanks,'

George

Return to posts index

George Harmon
on Apr 7, 2009 at 5:22:23 pm

Hi Eric,

I know the Parental setting is useless, by my client wants it. Do you have any Scripting examples that will lead the view to the Player Authorization Code Screen, if the player is set to 6 or lower?

thank you for your help!

George

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Apr 7, 2009 at 5:46:37 pm

The DVD itself can never control the player, bring up its set up screens. All it does is to read the information that it has been set to. You would have to use a menu explaining how to change the settings.

Return to posts index

George Harmon
on Apr 14, 2009 at 9:53:30 pm

HI

Can you forward me your direct e-mail address? I would like to ask you a couple of questions, but I can attach anything to the post. I have a script I wrote to set up Parental Lock and Audio Stream. Could you take a look at it and let me know If I am in the right direction?

thanks,

George Harmon
george@kfudvd.com

Return to posts index

George Harmon
on Mar 17, 2009 at 9:13:41 pm

P.S.

Does it matter what GPRM I use?

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>