FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto-Play DVD with an Interactive Flash Movie

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Auto-Play DVD with an Interactive Flash Movie
on Mar 13, 2009 at 2:50:08 pm

Is there a way with today's software to make a DVD that

1. Plays automatically (cross-platform preferred)

2. Plays a flash movie with an embedded link to a URL (website)?

Goal: Distribute a DVD with a flash movie on it that allows users to click the movie and go to a website.

Official Client Request: "I asked that the DVD be put in the flash player, only because it's needs the ability for the user to click on the screen during the video, and be taken to thewebsitename.com."

Years ago, the solution would be to make an executable projector in Macromedia Director, yes? But it's 2009, and I have not heard of this form of interactive authoring except for kiosks - which I am not familiar with.

I am using a Mac with Toast 9, Adobe Master CS4, Final Cut Studio 2, etc. I have a Mac, but can access a PC for testing.

Would any of these tools help? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Auto-Play DVD with an Interactive Flash Movie
on Mar 13, 2009 at 3:28:53 pm

DVDs will never support flash, the DVD spec is locked and even if that support were somehow added, every DVD player currently in use would not play that form of disc without being upgraded/replaced.

Now that said, if you want to make something along those lines you could look into the Interactual player. Which is expensive, difficult to program and sometimes doesn't even work to the point that few DVDs come out on it anymore.

I wish there was a way to educate clients that DVDs are great for playing video but their interactive capabilities are highly limited, especially compared to what you can do in flash for the internet.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
Re: Auto-Play DVD with an Interactive Flash Movie
on Mar 13, 2009 at 4:37:07 pm

Thanks, Noah. I will pass your advice/response along :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]