FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loop stutter

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Moonchild
Loop stutter
on Mar 13, 2009 at 2:08:08 pm

Hello.
Suppose I manage to figure out how to put some AE-created loops on a DVD, how do I make them loop without a stutter.
I see this on DVDs with looping menus: When the animation is done, it hesitates a wee bit before starting over. The loops I made are going to be played on a big screen behind a DJ and it would look a bit daft having a stutter every X seconds.

I'm working with loops of a maximum of 50 seconds, but there's one of a mere 3 in there as well.
I suppose my question would be: How do I avoid the stutter?
I had this partially answered. I was told that one way would be to repeat the loop a bunch of times in a single timeline and then loop that longer timeline, so the stutter is once in, say, half an hour.
Is that really the best way?

I'm not sure if I'm making much sense with that last bit, but thanks anyway,
- Eddie

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Loop stutter
on Mar 13, 2009 at 3:25:36 pm

Yep...thats the best way. When you end the menu or track the laser needs to refocus so no way to avoid that.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 14, 2009 at 7:45:41 am

[Eddie Moonchild] "so the stutter is once in, say, half an hour. " why would you make an menu that last 1/2 an hour? That is a little extreme. But yes that is how you deal with the problem.

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
on Mar 14, 2009 at 10:34:57 am

Yes manually loop within the timeline. But I say, why stop at 30 minutes. If the DJ is using it longer, then loop it for close to an hour. You can still use the highest quality when encoding and get much longer without the stutter. The only other addition I would make is some fades. Fade in the first animation at maybe 1/2 second and fade out the very last clip at slower 2 seconds or so. This way when you get to the "stutter" point, you are at black and it won't be seen.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 14, 2009 at 3:27:12 pm

Also remember you have a 1gig limit in the menu domain.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 14, 2009 at 6:31:34 pm

Video tracks can have button overlays on them so they can act like a looping menu and that would bypass the 1GB limit.

Return to posts index

Eddie Moonchild
on Mar 15, 2009 at 2:06:37 pm

Right, thank you people. That'll be the way I'm gonna do it then.

And, just for the record, it's not actually for the DVD menu. They're loops I wanna be able to start from the menu and then have loop indefinitely.
There's still some work to be done before everything's gonna work the way I expect it too.

I should've stuck to audio. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]