FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu ray burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaye Woods
Blu ray burning
on Mar 8, 2009 at 8:41:41 pm

I have one of the new MacBook Pros... do these burn blu ray discs? If so, how do i need to export an HD video from FCP in order to burn it to blue ray? If not, what do I need to burn blu ray discs?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Blu ray burning
on Mar 8, 2009 at 9:20:11 pm

no they don't

you need a blu-ray burner, they make external fw ones (I think there is also a replacement internal drive.

then you need software that can author blu-ray, right now for the Mac there is Toast 10 (very basic disc) and Encode that comes with Adobe Premiere software packages.

Return to posts index

Andy DeVries
on Mar 9, 2009 at 8:08:05 pm

to see if your mac has a Blu-Ray burner, go to the system profiler and check your "disc burning" hardware settings. Check for "BD-Write" capabilities.

One possible basic workflow is as follows: export a same as source quicktime, compress in compressor for Blue-Ray, use Adobe Encore to create an ISO out of your compressed audio and video, and finally burn the disc in Toast.

Return to posts index

Andy DeVries
on Mar 9, 2009 at 8:12:37 pm

P.S. I should mention that my above post is very general...there are several "gotchyas" and specific specs that you'll need to work out in Compressor, Encore AND Toast...but it depends on your specific setup, and I just can't write it all out right now ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]