FORUMS: list search recent posts

scene selections

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Couzin
scene selections
on Mar 6, 2009 at 1:56:51 am

I'd like a simple menu structure that first gives the choice: play movie / select scenes, and when the latter is chosen, offers the 10 or so scenes. When the user choses one scene, then after that scene is finished playing, he's bounced back to the first menu. In other words, I'd like select-a-scene-to-watch rather than select-a-scene-to-start-at. My authorer says that the only way to get what I want is to have the film divided into the 10 separate scenes on the DVD as well as the film as a whole on the DVD. This would force the use of DVD-9 for this 80 minute film, which seems silly.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: scene selections
on Mar 6, 2009 at 2:49:14 am

Not at all- check your manual regarding stories.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

George Wing
on Mar 12, 2009 at 12:08:31 am

What authoring package is being used? Different packages might have the feature of "Stories" (as already mentioned), or perhaps "Playlists" or something of that nature.

there are ways to post-edit an authored DVD to do what you want, but that's a bit more complicated...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Dennis Couzin
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:04:06 am

Thank you Noah and George for this information. Obviously I must find a new authorer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]