FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems playing back from DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graeme Mcmahon
problems playing back from DVD
on Mar 3, 2009 at 4:00:22 pm

Hello all,

I am using DVD studio Pro 4.2.1. On a mac os x 10.5.6. I guess the disk drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-S10N.

Out of final cut pro I have exported the video and audio through compressor. I exported with the HD DVD MPEG-2 19Mbps option. I assume this is the problem (using a HD DVD compressor), but I can't figure out why it only seems to freeze when playing off a dvd disk, once it has been authored.

It has this play back problem when I have burned it directly from DVD studio pro and from toast (the HVDVD_TS folder). It doesn't have this playback problem when I just burn an individual file (.m2v) from toast to a disk or with the simulator in DVD STudio Pro.

The error code on DVD player is error -69902.

Am I forced to just use a SD DVD compressor?

Thanks in advance,

Gra

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: problems playing back from DVD
on Mar 3, 2009 at 4:39:28 pm

are you wanting to make a HD DVD (can only be played back on a fast Mac or HDDVD player) or a regular SD DVD? If SD DVD for normally playback on DVD players you have to use SD encodes.

Return to posts index

Graeme Mcmahon
Re: problems playing back from DVD
on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:51:04 am

For starters, why does it play normally as a m2v file and in the simulation mode, but not after it has been authored? It also plays normally when I open the HVDVD_TS folder directly off the HD with dvd player.

So to me that tells me that the actual disk can't support the format, but it does, as I have burned the m2v file directly to the disk and played off it without dramas.

Is my mac fast enough? Mac book pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]