FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Saturation loss during DVD author?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Carlon
Color Saturation loss during DVD author?
on Mar 2, 2009 at 2:05:04 am

Hi everyone --

I'm making a DVD in DVDSP from a 1280 x 720 FCP project (all footage from a Sony XDCAM EX, exported through Compressor). It's a music video, very colorful, but upon creating a DVD I'm getting a fairly significant loss in color saturation and I'm losing some contrast, too. The DVD looks bland on standard TVs and my MacBookPro screen, but on an HDTV playing from a BluRay player it looks perfect. Is there a rule of thumb for color and contrast when going from HD to DVD? Should I just drop it a new sequence, bump the sat and contrast and hope for the best?

thanks!

Josh

Return to posts index

Chris Linke
Re: Color Saturation loss during DVD author?
on Mar 2, 2009 at 8:22:09 pm

Are you sure that the standard TV and MacBook screen have video levels set properly? If it looks right on some monitors and not on others, it's hard to pin the blame on the encode without knowing what's properly calibrated and what isn't.

One way to check your encode would be to take the MPEG-2 file and convert it to a QuickTime file using something like MPEG Streamclip and bring it into Final Cut and compare it with your original sequence.

-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]