Editing a 1920 x 1080 ProRes timeline with HDV source footage. Everything looks great on production monitor and after it is exported as a QT REF. All the colors are legal especially the reds (very important see below)
So I go to export using compressor to author a SD DVD. I use similar setting like I have always done. VBR 4.5 - 6.5, best quality. It output looks pretty good except wherever red flowers are. They seem to "jump" like they can't decide which field to use.
I tried changing the encode setting under the geometry tap in compressor to deinterlace and it shows some improvement but it didn't get rid of it.
I also tried encoding using Encore, and the red looks better, but it introduced a whole slew of other visual glitches. I don't now how well ProRes palys with Adobo Encore for SD DVDs.
I have searched Google and the cow and can't seem to find any posts that apply.