FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray from Footage shot on Z1U

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Hinkle
Blu-ray from Footage shot on Z1U
on Feb 14, 2009 at 4:11:36 pm

I'm trying to create a blu-ray from the footage I shot on my Z1U and trying to figure out which Blu-ray authoring program I should get. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either DVDit Pro HD or Adobe Encore CS4. I'm kinda turned off to Encore because of all the issues I've noticed other people are having. DVDit pro HD sounds easy and simple however I noticed on this review of DVDit Pro HD

http://on2dvd.com.au/shop/article.php?article_id=75

That it only supports Mpeg-2 with video size of 23.976 fps and 24 fps not possible to shoot on my Sony Z1U. Is this correct? Is there a blue ray authoring program that supports the 30f, 1080i/60i i get with my Z1U. I'm just trying to make sure before I buy the program it can do what I want. Or will it work if I shoot in Cineframe 24F? I'm kinda confused with all these formats to keep up with. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: Blu-ray from Footage shot on Z1U
on Feb 15, 2009 at 7:02:16 pm

I don't have experience with DVDit, but I do know that it will accept elementary streams. You can buy an affordable app like MainConcept or ProCoder, make your HD mpeg2, and just bring it into DVDit after it's been encoded.

Max
--
Blu-ray producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Blu-ray from Footage shot on Z1U
on Feb 16, 2009 at 11:01:20 pm

We have used DVDitPRoHD with MPEG-2 streams encoded in 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/23.976P and 720/59.94P.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]