FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP - buttons wont appear on burned disc unless arrowed over to

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Berryman
DVDSP - buttons wont appear on burned disc unless arrowed over to
on Feb 13, 2009 at 4:04:06 pm

I am using layered menus that I have imported from photoshop. I have assigned all of my buttons in their 3 different stages. When simulating this DVD everything seems to work right except for when I click on "menu" - it doesn't take me anywhere. However, when I click on title it will take me back to the main menu. I'm somewhat new in DVDSP so I don't know where to go to change this.

Also after I burned a DVD for testing I noticed that when I mouse/scroll over the various buttons the selected stage doesn't show up. I have to either arrow over or click on the actual button before the selected stage shows up. (This wasn't a problem when I simulated the DVD, only after I burned the DVD.) Can anyone help me with these two problems?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVDSP - buttons wont appear on burned disc unless arrowed over to
on Feb 13, 2009 at 10:12:32 pm

Problem one, if you are on a (sub)menu and you hit menu it should not take you anywhere, that is not what that is for. Title button always takes you back to the menu set as the title, which by default is the first menu you create.

Problem two, that is not a problem that is the way layered menus work on a computer.

Return to posts index

Jessica Berryman
on Feb 17, 2009 at 3:12:24 pm

Thank you for your response. I don't think I explained it very well. I've created my DVD and I stuck it back in my computer, opened it with DVD Player and noticed 2 problems. 1) The buttons don't light up as I scroll over them like they should. Instead I have to use the arrows to change the selection. I know that there has to be a way to make this happen because every professional DVD I've ever put in my computer allows me to just arrow over the page and the little hand will appear when I reach a button and it will light up telling me that I am now in the selected stage. I can't seen to figure out how to make that happen.

2) When I play my videos or and then press the menu option in DVD Player.. on a professional DVD it will take me back to the main menu. However on this DVD it doesn't do a think.. I have to just watch it until the video is over and then the end jump will take me back to the sub menu and I can get from the sub menu back to the main menu. How can I assign the menu button in DVDSP?

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 17, 2009 at 4:32:04 pm

If you are using layered menus you have to arrow navigate or click on the button to change/select them. The reason no professional DVD has this problem is no (or very few) professional DVD uses layered menus. Use standard overlay for the best in navigation and speed.

Your other problem is a authoring problem, what did you set the Remote Control > Main Menu to? I bet it is set to "Not Set" By default it is Menu 1, but if you delete that menu it goes to "Not Set" then you have to manually set it to what you want. Each track can have any of the menus assigned as it's Menu but only one Menu can be assigned as the Title for the entire disc. Often they are the same menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]