FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Pioneer BDR-203 Blu-ray burner

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
New Pioneer BDR-203 Blu-ray burner
on Feb 11, 2009 at 3:10:53 pm

Once again Pioneer, the world's leader in Blu-ray Disc, has raised the bar for features, performance and value. For under $250 the BDR-203 is the most affordable Blu-Ray Disc writer we've ever sold.

The BDR-203 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer is the next generation Blu-ray Disc Writer from Pioneer. This BD/DVD/CD Writer will write up to 8x on BD-R (25GB) and BD-R DL (50GB) media. This writer allows users to test & author high-definition Blu-ray Disc content while also delivering the ability for high-capacity data storage. The BDR-203 can read BD-ROM and BD-ROM DL, read/write single and dual layer BD-R & BD-RE discs, read DVD-ROM, and read/write most DVD and CD recordable media formats.

* 8x maximum writing speed on BD-R & BD-R DL media
* Write up to 50Gbytes on one BD-R DL disc (that’s more than 10 single layer DVDs)

For more info http://www.videoguys.com/blu-ray.html

Gary

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: New Pioneer BDR-203 Blu-ray burner
on Feb 11, 2009 at 4:07:29 pm

Now we just need good BR authoring...

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 11, 2009 at 4:25:10 pm

Right now Mac guys have Encore CS4, which is part of the Adobe Premiere CS4 and production premium bundles.

Adobe does offer a CS4 Production Premium upgrade for owners of Photoshop or AE for around a thousand bucks.

GAry

Videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the desk top video editing and DVD production experts!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 11, 2009 at 4:31:23 pm

Yeah....Like Noah said...we need a good BD authoring solution :)

BTW...I love Spam in the morning with some eggs and toast

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 11, 2009 at 6:35:04 pm

Yeah what cracks me up about Encore is when you fire it up it says-

"Come for the Blu-Ray, Stay for the Flash."

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

David Bilodeau
on Mar 13, 2009 at 4:57:24 am

I just got the BDR-203 and am very pleased with it, but I have discovered that I am unable to successfully burn DVD-R media of any brand that I have tried (3 or 4 different brands), with Sony DVD Architect 5.0a & this drive.

It gets about 4% into a nearly full 4.7 GB project (4.2-4.4 GB) and sits there....DVD Architect continues to spin up time to complete into the "many hours", when on this machine it would normally take 10 minutes or less. I haven't let it continue until something else happens though plan to as time permits - I end up aborting once the time to burn reaches about 10 hours.

No issue burning DVD+R DLs - they zip right through. I do also have an open bug report to Sony Creative about DVD Architect and BD-R discs with this drive - the speed drop-down reads top to bottom, 2.0x, 2.0x, 2.0x, and 2.0x (repeats 4 times). It should probably only show for the Verbatim BD-Rs I have as 2.0x and 4.0x, but if you choose the last 2 2.0x options, the burn quits (no error - just acts as if complete) only after burning the BluRay top menu. However, choosing the top 2.0x or next down with this media burns fine. No such luck with DVD-R. :(

One does wonder if these two issues point to a flaw in DVD Architect, but I have to say in the 4 years I've used several versions of it this is the first time I've ever personally encountered any such issues like these.

Does anyone have a contact at Pioneer who might be able to shed some light on this question?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 13, 2009 at 1:26:54 pm

This is news to me. We have sold the burner with Vegas & DVD arch. 5 for sometime now, and as we did with the older BDR202 model.

I'm forwarding your post to my guys in Sony.

Gary

Videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the desk top video editing and DVD production experts!

Return to posts index

David Bilodeau
on Mar 13, 2009 at 11:54:35 pm

Thank you! Here's the ticket information:

Reference #
090312-000001

Product
DVD Architect
DVD Architect Pro 4.5 / 5.0

Date Created
03/11/2009 08:09 PM

Version and Build
5.0a Build 173

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
on Apr 17, 2009 at 9:10:51 pm

I just read a post on DVi that the solution is to revert back to DVD Architect Version 5.0. 5.0a is causing this error message.

Best,

Todd

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Canon XH-A1's - Dell Studio XPS i7, 920, 2.66 gig,6 gigs RAM (soon to be 12) 650 gig SATA, 1TB eSATA external, 3TB USB(storage). 512gig ATI video card, 28" HannsG Monitor, 24" Dell Monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]