FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD to CD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Yowell
DVD to CD?
on Feb 11, 2009 at 3:05:34 pm

I am a novice at creating DVD's so please bear with me. I have created a few short instructional videos for a medium sized sales organization. These videos will be used to give to potential customers. I plan on creating these videos using DVD authoring software. However, I would like to know if I can use the DVD authoring software on CD's, as it would save the company a lot of money. The videos themselves are about 500mb, so they would definitely fit on a CD. I just need to know if you can use DVD authoring software on CD's. Thanks in advance for the help.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD to CD?
on Feb 11, 2009 at 3:43:01 pm

Can't be done and still have the compatibility. Why would it save them money? How many do you plan on replicating.

Return to posts index

David Yowell
on Feb 11, 2009 at 4:52:41 pm

I will probably be replicating several hundred. So price is definitely a factor. Also, there are many customers that still only have CD players on their computers. So let me ask you this. Is there a CD authoring software that might work? Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 11, 2009 at 6:12:21 pm

You cold use Flash or Director to do a CD Rom but it wont work on a DVD Player. It all depends on what the end user will view it on? If you need to play back on a DVD player there is only 1 choice.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 11, 2009 at 6:36:36 pm

Yeah pointless- DVD replication in quantity is really not that much more the CD and you can't make CD-ROMs with DVD Authoring programs. And even if you could- who's going to play them? DVD is the closest thing to universally playable we have these days.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]