FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated Cursor in DVDSP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Knight
Animated Cursor in DVDSP
on Feb 7, 2009 at 5:00:38 pm

Hi,
I searched, and was unable to find a helpful thread using words like animated cursor, overlay, graphics, etc...So here goes.

I created a menu in Motion. Each menu item had a spinning "logo" next to it. I created an overlay in Photoshop, and covered the logos in red, exported a tiff, and added as an overlay in DVDSP. Everything works fine. When I arrow or mouse between different items, the logo appears, and disappears as expected.

The problem is, when actually making a selection on the menu, ALL logos appear briefly before going to the next menu or track. So the nifty little trick is "exposed" when a selection is made.

I saw posts referring to layered menus. I will check that out in the documentation, but from what I've read here, it's not a good idea. Since this is a demo reel I'm working on to send out, I would like this to work on as many systems, configurations, software/hardware setups as possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Animated Cursor in DVDSP
on Feb 8, 2009 at 1:06:56 am

I believe you mean, when a selection is activated (enter is pressed to execute the jump)...

this is a dvd Non-seamless issue, this will also happen at the loop point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]