FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is a good dvd editing program?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Depape
What is a good dvd editing program?
on Feb 5, 2009 at 7:59:49 pm

I'm looking for a program with the ability to edit dvds.

So you put a dvd into your dvd drive the program can edit the dvd and create a new dvd. You can cut things up on the original move them around and out put it to create a new dvd. It should also have the ability to import avi and mix it in with the dvd content.

We are currently using power producer gold 5 it is making dvd's that can play in a dvd player but other programs won't copy them because they are authored incorrectly.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What is a good dvd editing program?
on Feb 5, 2009 at 11:15:01 pm

Google for DVD ripping tools.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 5, 2009 at 11:25:52 pm

What you'll need is a tool like MPEG Stream Clip. It will be able to demux your VOB files to get to the original MPEG streams or convert them to an editable format. From there you would do any editing then encode and re-author in your authoring tool of choice.

E

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 8, 2009 at 1:12:00 am

If you are trying to rework the actual DVD title, not reauthor from scratch with ripped assets, you need a program like DVDAfterEdit. But this is not cheap and the learning curve is steep but you can fix the project and in the end you have a new VideoTS folder.

If you are not wanting to get into the spec level of things this program is not for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]