FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Sound in DVD playback - DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carter Jackson
No Sound in DVD playback - DVD Studio Pro
on Feb 3, 2009 at 5:44:37 pm

Hey all.

So, I can't believe I'm the only person this has happened to - and I've been searching for other similar posts - but it's either so easy and in front of my face that I can't see it, or it's not so common.

Anyway: I've been cutting a reel - less than 2 minutes- compressed it, uploaded it to DVDSP, set the First Play, check it out on Simulator - Everything works.

Burn the dvd. Successful.

Playback - No Sound.

What's going on? More specifically, what am I doing wrong?

Now, to give a little more history, I did just delete the preferences, because I was getting the 'format error' message. Would that have an effect?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Carter

ps - Oh...and yes, I did check to make sure the sound was on and not muted - on the computer, on the player, everything.

The confusing thing for me is here that it worked - full video/audio, all synched up - in the DVDSP Simulator before burning...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: No Sound in DVD playback - DVD Studio Pro
on Feb 4, 2009 at 2:37:03 am

[Carter Jackson] "What's going on? More specifically, what am I doing wrong?"

Cannot see what you have done from here. Can you post some specifics. What audio codec are you using?

Have you tried your disc in more than one player?

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: No Sound in DVD playback - DVD Studio Pro
on Feb 4, 2009 at 6:02:57 pm

Did you use MPEG audio? It's supported on all PAL players, but very few NTSC DVD players can play it. You should be using Dolby Digital .ac3 or AIFF/PCM audio.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]