FORUMS: list search recent posts

16:9 HD footage to full frame 4:3 SD DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Vernier
16:9 HD footage to full frame 4:3 SD DVD
on Jan 29, 2009 at 2:41:15 am

I have a project where the footage is DVCpro HD 720 60 (Recorded to P2) and I need to make an SD DVD of the edited product.

The footage was shot with a 4:3 full frame image in mind. But I'm having a difficult time creating a DVD in DVD Studio pro 4 that looks alright.

I've tried a number of things but so far the only thing that has worked is using sorenson squeeze and cropping the 16:9 to 4:3 and and exporting an .mov and then importing into DVD studio pro. This produced a horrible image.

Any suggestions? I created a 4:3 matte for the project and I could technically just export a 16:9 frame with pillars. But I'd really prefer not doing that. There must be a better solution that I'm just not thinking of.

Thanks

Kyle Vernier

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 16:9 HD footage to full frame 4:3 SD DVD
on Jan 29, 2009 at 5:47:17 pm

Drop into a 4:3 NTSC sequence in your NLE, export as uncompressed or directly to 4:3 NTSC MPEG2. Then make sure in DVDSP you're dropping it into a 4:3 track. Should work fine- not going to look great on a 16:9 TV of course.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]