FORUMS: list search recent posts

export into compressor fcp busy

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Cramer
export into compressor fcp busy
on Jan 28, 2009 at 8:10:47 pm

I want to send my sequence straight to compressor without exporting to desktop, but it fails saying fcp is busy. It tells me some clips are offline,which I don't believe they are and I hit continue. The only way around this is to export QT to desktop then put it in compressor.
Any suggestions? I think the quality is slightly better if compressed with FCP open.

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
Re: export into compressor fcp busy
on Feb 2, 2009 at 8:06:49 pm

If you export a Quicktime same as source from FCP (reference QT), you should experience no loss in quality because you aren't changing the file--it's ultimately accessing the media that you are using in FCP. You just need to have access to the media when using a ref. QT.

However, you may need to kill the Preferences for Compressor (also reset database and clear history) to reset the log of files. I've had instances where Compressor just waits and never does anything because there's some old job processing in the background, or it just gets confused. Ordinarily, FCP should be busy when running directly into Compressor (you'll see frames being processed in the progress bar).

http://www.keithtroester.com
PHOTOS | VIDEOS | SOUND | ETC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]